top of page
Plasma Pen Pre / Post Care
Strings/Mini Threads PRE & POST INSTRUCTIONS
VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ TO THE END
Pre - Strings Procedure Instructions:
• We recommend you use aspirin, motrin, advil, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, gingko biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, high dose vitamin c or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks before and after your treatment unless medically necessary. Anti-inflammatories can increase the risk of bruising as well as prevent optimal results from being achieved.
• For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is ok.
• You may have some bruising/swelling after the procedure. Studies show consumption of over the counter oral Arnica for 72 hours before and following your appointment will decrease bruising and swelling.
• We recommend allowing at least 3 weeks of healing time for any event or special occasion where the area being treated will be visible.
Post - Strings Instructions:
• After the treatment, DO NOT massage areas where the threads are placed unless instructed for 2 weeks.
• Treated areas may be slightly red, swollen, irregular itchy and bruised for up to a week. This is normal and will slowly subside
• DO NOT get a facial or massage in areas treated for 2 weeks after your procedure.
• Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours pre and post.
• Depending on the areas treated, if around the mouth, DO NOT undergo dental procedures for 3-4 weeks pre or post procedure.
• DO contact our office if you have any questions or if you notice any threads extruding from the skin.
bottom of page